Friday, June 8, 2012

Wilson Covers Writing Pointers

Wilson Mulligan Returns to the Cyber-bistro for guest post Friday.


Hi folks.  It's Wilson Mulligan again to help out on guest post Friday at the Cyber-bistro.  I'm back again to cover a few points about writing.  Michael asked me to help out because he is so busy with his new marketing job that he is sequestered during business hours.  Besides his day job, Michael's wife just added a painting project for their new Iowa home so he is burning the candle at both ends.

I don't know how Michael finds the energy to get out of bed at sunrise every day while I'm snoozing.  The way he approaches his calling to write every day no matter how much is on his plate inspires me to manage my time better.  Here are some writing pointers inspired by observing Michael and his writing buddies:

  1. Go to bed on time.  You can't get out of bed early if you stay up too late.
  2. Schedule rest breaks.  If you don't, you will burn out long before the day is over.
  3. Don't forget to cover the important things.  I'm a racket cover.  My job is to cover my girl, Ramona.
  4. Write from your heart.  Michael tells me he will never run out of ideas because his passion for life has no boundaries.
  5. Volunteer to write guest posts for others.  If you emailed Michael and offered a story for guest post Friday, I would be able to spend more quality time with Ramona.  I don't mind helping him but I'm not as qualified to be a guest host as you are.  It's important to add some spice to your writing routine and guest posting not only takes you out of your comfort zone, it increases your visibility.  I may not be as famous as my cousin, Wilson, the one who starred in the Tom Hanks movie, Cast Away, but thanks to these guest appearances, people all over the world are discovering me.  Why not volunteer to write a guest post for the Cyber-bistro?

No comments:

Post a Comment