Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Last Day Blogging on the Road

This should be the last post from a hotel lobby.  I'm keeping it short because the hotel only has one computer in the lobby and there are other guests.  I'm finding that listening to books on CD is a great way to absorb a story while driving.  As I listen to the author, I'm picking up subtle techniques that I don't usually see while reading. Perhaps this has to do with being in a new environment.  My surroundings are out of this world and it's adding special flavor to my book.

What media do you use to read a book, besides the old-fashioned paper book? Please add your thoughts below.

3 comments:

  1. I like variety, so I do them all. (I have an e-reader, lots of old-fashioned books, listen to audio books on long drives, and listen to podcasts while exercising.) Plus, I think that they each get our brain to work in a slightly different way, which results in freeing ideas in different ways and getting us to think more and differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Thanks for the comment, Kari.  I can't believe I waited so long to try an audio book.  I'm definitely going to do more of this.  I finished listening to Unbrokenjust ten miles from my destination.  If you are looking for a story about surviving against all odds, this WWII story is a great read..or listen while on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, me too. I kind of felt it was cheating on reading somehow. But, I've discovered that it just adds a whole new dimension to my thought processes. While I'll never give up actually reading books, audio books get me into books I may not take the time to read for whatever reason, and they also get me to "re-read" books I don't want to take the time to actually read myself again. There are so many books that I want to read that I won't have time to read, and audio books help me feel like I'm making progress.

    ReplyDelete