Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Story From the Hotel Lobby

Today's story comes to you from the hotel lobby of a Best Western located in Utah.  It seems strange to be writing while hotel guests are relaxing all around me.  Fortunately, I appear to be the only traveler without a laptop and I'm typing away after traveling through four states today.

This is the first time I've written a blog story in public.  The guests near me are speaking in a foreign tongue.  They appear to be great story tellers.  I don't think they are paying any attention to me.  If I weren't so fatigued, I'd probably strike up a conversation and involve them in the story. 

Instead, I'll ask you to comment on what it's like to be writing while on the road.  Right now, my head is spinning.  There was so much nature to soak up today.  When the music picked up static in the mountains, I fired up my first book on CD.  More on that later.  Time to close out this public post and retire.  I will be back on the road before sunrise.

If you check in at 8:08AM, Pacific Time for my daily stories, please note I'm encountering some bugs in the scheduling feature of blogger.  The stories sometimes get stalled even though I schedule them in advance.  To handle the challenge, I check my blog from my cell phone and manually post if it doesn't appear.  Hopefully, blogger will fix this bug soon.

Please add to today's story by commenting on what it's like for you to write on the road.  I have so much to share with you in the coming weeks.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. For me, the type of writing I do "on the road" depends on the purpose of my trip. When on vacation, I try to minimize electronics as much as possible and do all of my writing in my "idea book." I try to be more spontaneous with my writing too, such as writing on napkids or brochures or something like that. When on a business trip, which I don't take much anymore, I do use my laptop or my tablet. I have to say, though, that I enjoy not using electroncis and just using pen and whatever paper is available. Does something to stimulate my creativity.

    ReplyDelete