Saturday, March 28, 2015

Book Update


Last evening at 4:30 pm I got the news from Createspace, the company that publishes books for Amazon.  They received the files for The Caveman in the Mirror and notified me that I met all technical requirements for printing.  The final step in the publishing process is to proof the book.  It's already on order.  The book will be available in paperback and online versions early next week once I receive my proof copy in the mail and do a quick final review.

The last forty-eight hours have been hectic.  I made three phone calls to the help desk to figure out why my files weren't uploading.  They sent me troubleshooting information but nothing worked.  I traced the problem back to formatting errors I made related to my new and unfamiliar writing software.  My wife came into to the kitchen to check on me at 1:30 AM.  I had been working eighteen hours without any breaks except for food and water and I still wasn't done.  She saw the look on my face and knew I was in trouble.  I took her advice and went to bed.  Five hours later I woke up to finish reformatting my book.  It feels so good to be done.  What a relief!

If you are interested in getting a copy, please check back early next week.  I'll set up a link to Amazon for ordering.  I'm not planning any book signings until the next book, Break the Chains of Debt Bondage is published less than one hundred days from today on the 4th of July.  The good news is I already hired an artist for the front cover and I'm feeling much more comfortable with Scrivener 2, the writing software I now use.  We have become very close friends these last several months.  Have a great day.  Thanks for all your support during this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment