Tuesday, July 10, 2012

How to Pick a Blog Topic

I'm still catching my breath from my new day job.  I was first hired to help with the marketing department and received a promotion just two days prior to our grand opening.  Today marks our two week anniversary and we are celebrating 10,000+ new members.  The demands of my new job have squeezed into my writing time.  Today is my first post at the Cyber-bistro in a while and it feels good to be back.  I wanted to share a couple of thoughts about how to pick a blog topic.

My personal blog is about my life experiences.  It's easy to pick blog topics because I'm writing about the latest happenings.  This writers blog is a little bit different because it's geared to writers or people who want to become writers.  My template for this blog has one thing in common-- I pick topics related to my life as a writer.  Every writer experiences challenges.  Why not write about those challenges?  Writers want to know how you get back up after a fall.  Give them a blog topic that will encourage them to stand up.

I 'm curious to learn how you pick your blog topics.  Please share in the comments section below.  Thanks for stopping by the Cyber-bistro.  My goal is to post here at least three times a week.

2 comments:

  1. Many of my blog topics come during my daily prayer/devotional time. Just as many come from struggles that I am having personally. I also pick topics based on what's currently going on in my life. Regardless of the initial inspiration, I try my best to let all of my choices be Spirit-led.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Spirit-led choices always lead you in the best direction.  Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete