Wednesday, July 4, 2012

How To Incorporate Your Type A Personality Into Your Writing


 I'm a type A writer.  The evidence to support this is overwhelming-- even comical.  The type A gene is prevalent in my family.  It can be a blessing or a burden.  I choose to make it a blessing.  Here's how I use my type A personality to achieve my writing goals:

  1. Map out a plan for your daily writing goals.  Be specific.  For me, I have a start time and a finish time.
  2. Adjust your plan when you need to adapt to changes in your schedule.  I'm sometimes working twelve hours in a single day.  Even on my busiest days, I still write, even if it's only for fifteen minutes for my personal blog.
  3. Don't make excuses.  You have two choices every day:  write or don't write.  I choose to write.
  4. Set your goals high.  Type A writers don't like to settle for mediocrity.  Be your best.
  5. Put your heart into your stories.  I believe most type A writers have a passion for living life to the fullest.  Let this passion come through in your work.
Even though I'm a type A personality, I realize I have limits.  It's not feasible for me to work up to twelve hours in a single day and manage two blogs.  I'm modifying my schedule to keep my sanity.  I will do my best to post three or four stories on this blog every week.  If you want to read more, please check out my personal blog for daily posts.  Would you like to share how you incorporate your Type A personality in your writing?  Please add your thoughts in the comments section.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not Type A, but all of these still apply to me. Interesting that these attributes can show themselves in different personalities.

    ReplyDelete