I'm a type A writer. The evidence to support this is overwhelming-- even comical. The type A gene is prevalent in my family. It can be a blessing or a burden. I choose to make it a blessing. Here's how I use my type A personality to achieve my writing goals:
- Map out a plan for your daily writing goals. Be specific. For me, I have a start time and a finish time.
- Adjust your plan when you need to adapt to changes in your schedule. I'm sometimes working twelve hours in a single day. Even on my busiest days, I still write, even if it's only for fifteen minutes for my personal blog.
- Don't make excuses. You have two choices every day: write or don't write. I choose to write.
- Set your goals high. Type A writers don't like to settle for mediocrity. Be your best.
- Put your heart into your stories. I believe most type A writers have a passion for living life to the fullest. Let this passion come through in your work.