- Sign up for Hootsuite. It's free and easy to automatically post your stories to Twitter. Just follow the steps and schedule your stories to appear throughout the day.
- Add photos to your stories. Many of my readers find me when clicking on images they are attracted to.
- Post one new story a day. Google will move you up in the rankings when you post daily. The higher you appear, the more blog traffic you will obtain.
- Comment on other blogs and make sure to include a link back to your blog. Readers like relationships. The more you connect, the more popular your blog will become.
- Offer to write guest posts for other bloggers. Variety increases blog traffic.
- Invite other experts to appear as guest writers for your blog. Every Friday at the Cyber-bistro is cyber-guest Friday. Want to write a guest post for this writer's blog? Email me and send me three or four paragraphs related to your area of expertise and I will be happy to have you be a guest host. It's fun.
- Use Google Analytics to track what stories are the most popular. Your readers will help you find your writing wheel house.
- Ask your readers for feedback. They will tell you what the like and don't like. Be willing to improve your blog based on reader feedback.
- Read other blogs. There are millions of quality blogs in cyber-space. If you find one you like, find out where the template came from. Most templates are free as long as you acknowledge the web designer.
- Keep blogging. Readers want consistency and they will abandon you if you don't write at least three times per week.
Monday, June 25, 2012
How To Find Blog Readers
I like to ask my readers how they found the Cyber-bistro. My blog traffic has been increasing steadily since I launched Caveman Reflections nearly six months ago. If you're looking for ways to find more readers, check out these tips: