Saturday, April 14, 2012

An Update on the Dream Writing Job Search



It's not easy to get a dream job.  It requires patience.  Prospective employers don't want to be sold, or pestered.  And you can't be too passive either.  It's a tight rope.  I'm not biting my nails.  The good news is that I found a couple more writing opportunities that will be a great fit for my skill set besides the dream job I'm vying for at the University of Iowa.  The competition for these jobs in Iowa is huge.  I'm the outsider who just popped in from California.  The San Diego Chargers will always be my favorite football team.  Will I fit in with the Big 10 types?  I think so.  Here's why:

  1. I'm married to one of Iowa's best.  My love for my wife is what brought me to Iowa.  All the great qualities she has come from growing up in a solid Iowa family with strong values.  My wife is my best connection to Iowa.
  2. I love people.  My circle of friends includes people from all walks of life.  We are all equals.  I don't really care what political persuasion people have.  And I don't care if someone's favorite team is from another conference.  I never let a person's religious or non-religious views get in the way of a great conversation or friendship.  People are people, no matter where they are from or where they are going.
  3. I want to live the dream.  I'm committed to starting at the bottom of an organization as long I'm in the field of dreams.  That field is writing.  Put me in a dream job like this and watch the productivity levels soar.
Stay tuned.  The job search is in full throttle.  If you happen to know anyone in the Iowa area who is looking for a writer with social media and public speaking skills, please send me an email.  I promise to keep bistro members updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment