Thursday, April 12, 2012

Is There Any Passion In Your Writing?



When was the last time you read a book that captivated you so strongly, you couldn't put it down?  What did the author do to engage your senses?  I believe it has to do with passion.  Find a way for your characters to connect with readers and they will want more from you.  Here's a few ideas:

  1. When you are writing a chapter, think of a time when you lived through a similar situation to your character.  Recall how you felt.  Dig deep.  Put that passion into your characters.
  2. Do things that bring out your passion...like traveling to new places.
  3. Surround yourself with passionate people and put their personality traits into your characters.
If your life is filled with passion, it will carry over to your writing.  Go for it.  Care to comment?

3 comments:

  1. Passion is a sporadic event in my life. Over the years, I've learned how to be more consistent with exercise and my physical health, with writing and being true to my voice as well as with my mood and not living in the swing. Yet, passion is one area that has not yet found consistency. Working on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I want every single page I write to be RICH, RICH, RICH- full of beautiful  captivating sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  3.  This is a worthy pursuit.  It helps to be around people who have a passion for writing.  I'm thankful for the support that comes from this group.  Keep up your commitment, Kari.  There are many writers here who will encourage you along the way.

    ReplyDelete