Thursday, April 5, 2012

How Dreams Give Clarity to Writing

It happened in the middle of the night.  I was in a deep sleep.  Then my dream entered my bedroom, like an oncoming train.  I could hear the horn blasting.  It stopped long enough for me to come aboard.  I didn't know where the train was going but I didn't seem to care.

As I looked out the windows, I could see the next chapters of my novel.  I could hear my main characters talking.  Suddenly, the train vanished and I woke up.  The vision remained in my head and I began to speak.  "Go back to sleep, it's late," my wife said.

I closed my eyes again, hoping the vision would still be there in the morning.  At last, I found clarity for my writing.  It's morning now and the train is ready to leave the station.  "All aboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment