Sunday, March 25, 2012

Why Writers Need Support

The best thing that happened to me in the writing world was joining a writers critique group.  Everyone in the group had more experience than me and they were willing to take me under their wing.  As I approached my first writing deadline, they held my feet to the fire and helped me cross the finish line on time.

I'm in a new writing environment now.  Although the world around me has changed dramatically, one thing remains the same; I need a support group to stay focused.  Most of my networking is done through cyber-space.  I created this writer's bistro to bring writers together.  It's an online support group.  Many of the writers here have been writing all their lives.  They are here because they know how challenging it is to be a writer.  They are willing to share their wisdom with new authors.  Everyone wins.  The talented writers get an opportunity mentor the next generation of writers and newcomers are surrounded by cyber-space supporters.

If you are visiting the Cyber-bistro for the first time, please remember to come back on cyber-guest Friday to learn from the pros.  Consider becoming a blog V.I.P. by joining this site.  All you need to do is click the "join this site" button and you are automatically entered in the monthly book drawing.  Don't forget to invite a friend.  Your comments about this blog for writers are welcome.  Please share how you find support for your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment