Saturday, March 24, 2012

Trundelling Forward

Do you trundle forward with your writing or get stuck in the mud?  Like a massive storm lurking in the distance about to drench the countryside, I'm picking up my writing pace and finding my stride.  The deadline clock is ticking and I now have less than one year to complete my novel.  Every minute of my allotted 3 hour and 8 minute morning writing time must be used efficiently.

Here are three ideas to help you move forward and stay on track:

  1. Write about topics you are passionate about.
  2. Avoid dillydallying.  If you are stuck on a particular chapter, put it to the side and work on another one.
  3. Join a writers group and commit to a certain number of pages each time you attend.
I found it easy to write one blog message per day.  Two blog stories and some additional work on my novel are more demanding.  Every day, I find myself getting more efficient with the allotted time.  It helps to have eight hours of sleep before I start my morning writing ritual.

How about you?  What steps do you take to advance your writing?  Your comments are appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. As you've already illuded to, writing every day is key. Builds momentum. I also feel like trying different styles and methods for writing help too. (I write about this some in my post for Friday.) Reading a lot (and variety) really helps my writing as well. Oh yeah, and being open to an idea anytime and anyplace has led me to a lot of writing I would not have found otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Thanks for your comment, Kari.  I agree with you about how daily writing builds momentum.  Can't wait to read your guest post on Friday. 

    ReplyDelete