If you talk to anyone who lived through the Great Depression, you will find levels of resourcefulness this new generation has never known. Here's what I accomplished by sticking to my blogging budget:
- Set up three blogs at a cost of ZERO DOLLARS.
- Created a website with ZERO start-up fees and ZERO monthly fees.
- Wrote a memoir and self-published it for under $99 including artist fees for the cover design.
- Purchased Dragon Dictate 2.0 for $199 using donations from "Angel in the Outfield" supporters. Dragon Dictate allows me to write my books using a microphone rather than a keypad. There's a learning curve with this, like learning a foreign language. Once mastered, you feel like you're a writer who died and went to Heaven.
- Set up a distribution network with Amazon.com which includes world-wide distribution for $39.00. Note: The pro plan has been replaced with a new program using the same features for less investment. Go to Createspace, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, for details.