Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Frazzle, Dazzle or Wazzle?


The jury is out on this one.  All I can say is that your chef is in the kitchen working overtime to get this novel out by March 17.  There's a lot of frazzle going on, hopefully a few sprinkles of dazzle,  and no wazzle.  "What is wazzle?" you ask.  It's a state of being in which a person has little or no sense, use or purpose.  Hold the wazzle, please, I'm going all out to make this deadline.  Here's an update:
  1. My kitchen caught on fire when I installed my tax software last month.  Yep.  My system software was so decrepit it was farting dust.  I thought, no problem, I'll just spice things up with the latest upgrade.  Ouch!  My beloved MS Word died and went to heaven.  Attempts to resuscitate failed. "Damn it, Jim, I'm a writer, not a software doctor."
  2. I caught the "Scrivies" bug.  The technical name is Scrivener 2.  According to a testimonial on the Scrivener site, "it's the biggest software advance for writers since the word processor."  For me, it's the completion of the Hail Mary pass I threw when I was facing 4th down and long and the clock was about to expire on my writing deadline.
  3. I'm juicing.  It's the equivalent of trading in my brain for Spock's brain from Star Trek.  My daily regimen of fruits, veggies and protein powder, all thrown in and tossed around in my new Vitamix blender, is helping me to think more clearly.
I have three days off from my day job this week to focus on "The Caveman in the Mirror."  Stay tuned.  I'll let you decide if it's frazzle, dazzle or wazzle.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment