Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Critical Timelines For Writers With Deadlines


Creativity is not confined to grids and flow charts; it's like a wild ostrich who meanders in undefined paths, displaying an odd look of bewilderment every time a new thought greets him.  And critical timelines for the writer are like prison cells with no windows to the world outside.  When creativity and critical timelines face off with one another, a raging battle ensues.

There will be limited visiting hours at the Cyber-bistro until my novel is complete.  I placed myself in solitary confinement in order to cut off all the distractions.  My creativity is battling the looming March publication deadline and must become allies with my critical timeline rather than enemies.

All blog writing is being rationed to one meal per day until my manuscript is complete.  If you would like to share that meal with me, stop by daily at 8:08 AM, Pacific Time, and visit me at my personal blog.  I will be out of solitary confinement on March 17, with something special to share.  If there are any writers out there who would like to post a story for future cyber-guest Fridays, please email me and I will be happy to publish your guest blog here at Caveman Reflections Cyber-bistro.  And if you want my two cents about how to publish your first book, just pick out a date, set up a critical timeline and then write.  Keep writing every day until you type the last period at the end of the last sentence.  Then, hold your head up high as you walk out of your prison cell for the last time -- at least until the next idea captivates you.

No comments:

Post a Comment