Is writing a chore for you? It doesn't have to be. A little enthusiasm goes a long way. Like any other activity you focus on throughout your day, it can be a mundane task or delight. I can't wait to fire up my Macbook Pro and type away. Here's an inside look at how I write with enthusiasm:
- I place strict limits on my writing schedule. Each writing session always ends sooner than I would prefer. I can't wait for the next session to begin.
- I interact with my readers. Their feedback reminds me why I write everyday.
- I believe every story I write has a purpose. Failure to write daily means there will be some kind of void in the blogosphere.
- If I stop writing, my gift will atrophy like an unused muscle and I will lose the gift God gave me.
- The more I write, the more creative thoughts come to me. The flow of my enthusiasm is up to me, like turning on a water faucet a little bit so it trickles or all the way so it flows like a fire hydrant. Why not crank it up to full speed?