Saturday, March 3, 2012

False Start With Our Relocation

Just before our home was scheduled to close escrow, the lender for the buyers asked for a two-day extension.  This delays our trip to Iowa by two days.  Although two routes have been set up, we are hopeful to take the northern route through Colorado and Utah.  Most people avoid the northern route at this time of year, however, we are planning to go slow and savor the country.

Thanks to all who are praying for us on our journey.  On a one to ten scale of excitement, my whole family is a ten.  I will be writing about our adventure in future stories.  For those of you who would like to read more about my life outside the Cyber-bistro, click here to see my personal blog.

Do you have any fond memories of traveling in wintery conditions?  Please comment below.

2 comments:

  1. There was this one time we got stuck in a blizzard out side of Moab Utah. Moab doesn't usually get much snow. the hard thing was they don't put things close to the road like reflector poles. we were all worried we would end up off the road and find ourselves lost in the middle of the desert with no idea where to go to get back to a road that would be hidden by the snow. well I found out latter that my parents were worried. My Siblings and I were asleep in the back of the van with no idea that there could be a chance that Dad wouldn't get us to grandma's house in the morning. 

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Thanks for sharing, Gloria.  That must have been scary.

    ReplyDelete