Monday, March 12, 2012

An Invitation to Write for an Online News Organization

Just before I left California, I met Julie Pendray, the editor of Ramona Patch.  She was busy putting some stories together and asked me to join her at Kountry Kitchen.  She likes to go there for their "little milks" as her niece calls them -- the yummy flavored milks for the coffee.  Julies frequents a lot of eateries in town and enjoys them all for different reasons. During our chat, Julie shared her passion for creative writing and told me what a joy it was to contribute as a guest blogger at the Cyber-bistro.  She also wanted to know more about The Caveman in the Mirror.  When I shared how the story is rooted in my own life's journey, she asked "would you be interested in contributing some stories to Ramona Patch?"

"Are you kidding?"  I asked.  "Writing is my passion.  That would be a dream job."

"It's not a paid position, however, I think people would be curious about how a Californian finds his way in Iowa.  You can write about your experiences settling into a new town and what the journey there was like.  You can write on your own schedule and contribute whenever you have free time."

I'm still pinching myself.  It's like watching Marley and Me and seeing my life's story.  Yes, I will write for Ramona Patch.   It's not a job, it's an adventure.  Thanks, Julie, for a great opportunity.

Click here to link to Ramona Patch.  What kind of stories would you suggest I write?  Please comment below.

3 comments:

  1. You know the answer to that! Why was your beloved Marley & Me so successful? Because he wrote from the heart. Look around you . . it's a whole new territory of newness to portray to your readers. Loved the cornfield pic of your chihuahua acclimating to the new environmnent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacey. You always know what to say. For me, writing is as natural as the farmer milking a cow. I do love this empty canvas in front of me. Thanks for your continued support.

      Delete
  2.  Thanks, Stacey.  Yes, it truly is a whole new territory and I'm ready to dive in.  I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete